Effective Date: Jan 2023
Types of Information Collected
We may collect the following information from our clients:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number.
- Demographic information, such as age and gender.
- Payment information, such as credit card numbers and billing information.
- As you browse Family Matters Centre, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partners, then enable us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with Family Matters Centre Inc. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone numbers.
Use of Information
The information we collect is used for the following purposes:
- To provide psychotherapy services to our clients.
- To send clients appointment reminders and other communications related to their care.
- To process payment for services rendered.
- To improve our services and the overall experience of our clients.
- Advertising (as mentioned above in #4)
Protection of Information
We take the following measures to protect our clients’ information:
- We store personal information in a secured database.
- We use secure socket layer (SSL) encryption when transmitting sensitive information, such as credit card numbers, over the internet.
- We limit access to personal information to employees who need it to provide services to our clients.
- We regularly monitor our security measures to ensure that our clients’ information remains protected.
Disclosure of Information
Family Matters Centre will not sell or share our clients’ personal information with third parties, except as required by law or in the following circumstances:
- With the client’s prior written consent.
- To protect the safety of our clients or others.
- To comply with a legal request or court order.